Cubelets®, Robot Blocks, Inspired Inventors Mega Pack
Age 4 and up. This pack has it all! Give individual learners and teams the chance to deeply explore Cubelets® Robot Blocks. Includes 162 Sense, Think, and Act Cubelets®, brick adapters, charging cables, 5-port USB chargers, and storage containers. Lesson plans for K-12 are freely available at www.modrobotics.com and include topics such as teamwork, robotics, sensing, data collection, engineering design, and animal behavior.
- Drive Cubelet: Contains a motor and roller wheels for moving on a horizontal surface. It only moves in 1 direction and moves faster with higher input values.
- Rotate Cubelet: Spins at a rate corresponding to its input values.
- Speaker Cubelet: Chirps based on the block's data value. It contains a small speaker and an amplifier.
- Flashlight Cubelet: Emits a focused beam of light from a powerful white LED. The light becomes brighter with higher input values.
- Bar Graph Cubelet: Displays the block's value as a light-up bar graph. It displays a full input value as a fully lit graph.
- Knob Cubelet: Has a potentiometer (a knob that provides a variable resistance) embedded in 1 of its faces. Output increases as the knob is turned clockwise.
- Brightness Cubelet: Detects the amount of light hitting its sensor. It has an analog photocell that responds to varying light conditions (values are near 1 in front of a bright light).
- Distance Cubelet: Detects how far it is from an object. It uses infrared light and is accurate between 10 and 80 cm. The sensor is directional, so it outputs the distance to the object in front of the sensor.
- Temperature Cubelet: Contains a tiny thermometer (actually a thermistor) that detects temperature. Values increase from freezing (freezing = 0).
- Inverse Cubelet: Calculates a value that is the opposite of the values it receives. Averages inputs and sends an output that is 1 minus that average.
- Minimum Cubelet: Accepts any amount of data but only outputs the smallest value it receives. It is handy for creating an on-off switch for a robot and for building robots that do not fall off the edge of a table.
- Maximum Cubelet: Accepts many inputs but only passes along those with the greatest value. Using this Cubelet you could build a robot that only performs an action when a sensor reads a value over a certain threshold (as set by a Knob Cubelet).
- Battery Cubelet: Provides the energy required to make robots spin, drive, and squawk. It charges with a micro USB cable.
- Passive Cubelet: A basic building block that carries power and data from its neighbors. It does not move, sense, or change incoming data in any way.
- Blocker Cubelet: A basic building block that blocks data from its neighbors. It passes power but stops communication and can insulate 1 side of a robot from another.
- Bluetooth® Hat: Use this piece and the Cubelets® companion app to quickly pair your robot construction with any Bluetooth®-enabled wireless device and remotely control the robot.
- Threshold Cubelet: Has a knob to alter the behavior of the robot. It will output a value of 0 until inputs exceed the threshold set by the knob. Above the threshold, data will flow as normal. Can be used to create robots that react suddenly, gate data flow, or exhibit binary behavior.
- Brick Adapter: Connect Cubelets® to LEGO® bricks (LEGO® bricks not included).
- Micro-USB Charging Cable: Charge your Cubelets®.
- 5-Port USB Charger: Charge up to 5 Battery Cubelets® at the same time (110 V, US plug). Compact and portable for home or classroom use.
- Storage Tubs.
These Cubelets® run on Cubelets® OS 4.
Shipping is Extra and will be charged separately. Shipping Quotes will be given upon request.
REPORTING DAMAGED ITEMS AND SHORTAGES
All shortages, defects and deficiencies must be reported within 7 days of receiving the shipment. Merlan Scientific cannot assume responsibility for shortages reported after this period.
On receiving goods, check your packing slip and the package contents carefully. Please report any damaged items immediately and keep all shipping materials for inspection. If you have any questions please call 1-800-387-2474 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before returning any item to Merlan Scientific, please call for a Return Authorization Number. Shipments received without authorization may be refused.
Merlan Scientific warrants that each product will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period set forth in its published user manuals for its system products and for a period of one (1) year for its component products. The warranty commences on the date the product is shipped by Merlan Scientific. Merlan Scientifics’ sole liability and responsibility under this warranty is to repair or replace any defective product, which is returned to it by the buyer, and which Merlan Scientific determines qualifies for repair or replacement under the terms of the applicable warranty. The product returned to Merlan Scientific for warranty service will be shipped to Merlan Scientific at the buyers expense and will be returned to buyer at Merlan Scientifics’ expense. In no event shall Merlan Scientific be responsible under its warranty for any defect, which is caused by negligence, misuse or mistreatment of a product, or for any unit, which has been altered or modified in any way. The warranty of repaired and replacement products shall terminate with the original warranty of the product.tab-whats-include