Carolina Kits 3D® Flex Chemistry Student Lab Program
Grades 9-12. Give your students real hands-on science experiences whether they are on or off campus. Built on the successful Carolina Kits 3D® series, which supports the Next Generation Science Standards* and 3-dimensional instruction, Carolina Kits 3D® Flex goes one step further. While it provides blended learning experiences to help students make sense of phenomena and the world around them, the comprehensive, full-year program also ensures instructional continuity, whatever your scheduling model. Whether students are in class, socially distanced, or at home, they have all the supplies needed for engaged learning, enrichment, and success.
Carolina Kits 3D® Flex Chemistry Program Overview
The Carolina Kits 3D® Flex Chemistry program puts all materials needed by students during a year-long high school chemistry lab program into ONE transportable kit for EACH student. A matching teacher kit (item #847955, sold separately) includes all student materials PLUS digital resourcesteacher and student guides and other resources that deliver instructional materials for hands-on investigations, digital teacher demonstrations, and digital student investigations.
Teachers can provide authentic lab experiences even during uncertain scheduling interruptions such as severe health emergencies, severe weather, medical or health reasons, or changes in the structural integrity or safety of the classroom.
Carolina Kits 3D® Flex Chemistry is comprised of 3 types of investigations:
- Hands-on investigations that are safe to do at home and offer authentic lab experiences and skill-building opportunities. Wet labs plus manipulative activities offer students different learning modalities that appeal to visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile learners.
- Digital teacher demonstrations are high-quality videos that allow teachers to add their own commentaryas if they were in the classroom with their students. Students directly observe phenomena and are guided through the process of using evidence and prior knowledge to make sense of them.
- Digital student investigations are additional opportunities for students to collect authentic data, make observations, and apply sense-making for investigations that are difficult to conduct remotely. These videos offer multiple trials and experimental variables that require students to remotely collaborate in order to enhance and deepen their understanding.
Carolina Kits 3D® Flex Chemistry includes these 17 investigations:
- Periodic Table Inquiry: Hands-on investigation
- Chemical Bonding: Digital student investigation
- Super Water-Absorbent Polymers: Digital teacher demonstration
- Like a Salt to a Flame: Digital teacher demonstration, digital student investigation
- Making Sense of Solubility: Digital student investigation
- Patterns in Electrons and Chemical Bonds: Hands-on investigation
- Balancing Chemical Equations: Hands-on investigation
- Balloon Stoichiometry: Hands-on investigation
- Mystery Chemical Reactions: Digital student investigation
- Petri Dish Electrolysis: Hands-on investigation, digital student investigation
- Chemical Reaction Rockets: Hands-on investigation
- Radioactive Decay and Half-Life Simulations: Hands-on investigation, digital student investigation
- Iodine Clock Reaction: Digital teacher demonstration
- Chemical Equilibrium and Le Chatelier’s Principle: Hands-on investigation, digital student investigation
- Reaction Rates of an Antacid: Hands-on investigation
- It’s Not the Heat, It’s Thermochemistry: Hands-on investigation, digital student investigation
- Gas Laws: Hands-on investigation, digital teacher demonstration
To request more information about our Carolina Kits 3D® Flex program, complete our online form.
*Next Generation Science Standards® is a registered trademark of WestEd. Neither WestEd nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.
|Balancing Equations/Aufbau Mat||Included|
|Erlenmeyer Flasks, 50 mL||Included|
|Sodium Sulfate, 5 g||Included|
|Black Caps for 1/2"-diam Tubes||Included|
|Clear Caps for 3/4"-diam Tubes||Included|
|Black Caps for 3/4"-diam Tubes||Included|
|Baking Soda, 8 oz||Included|
|Disposable Nitrile Gloves||Included|
|Bubbles, 2 oz||Included|
|Leads with Alligator Clips, 9 V||Included|
|Batteries, 9 V||Included|
|Calcium Chloride, 20 g||Included|
|0.1 M Sodium Hydroxide, 15 mL||Included|
|Bogen Universal Indicator, 7 mL||Included|
|Foam Cups, 8 oz||Included|
|Tea Bag, Family Size||Included|
|Rubber Stopper, #2||Included|
|Syringe, 10 mL||Included|
|Syringe End Cap Female Luer Locks||Included|
|Syringes, 60 cc||Included|
|Bonding Transparency Set||Included|
|Periodic Table Inquiry Card Set||Included|
|Radioisotope Card Set||Included|
|Radioactive Decay Card Set||Included|
|Tubes, 1/2" diam||Included|
|Clear Caps for 1/2"-diam Tubes||Included|
|Tubes, 3/4" diam||Included|
|Ammonium Chloride, 20 g||Included|
|Graduated Cylinder, 50 mL||Included|
|Petri Dish, 100 x 15 mm||Included|
|Periodic Table of Dogs Card Set||Included|
|Computer or Mobile Device with Internet Access||Needed, Not Included|
|Digital Teacher and Student Resources (included with item #847955)||Needed, Not Included|
Shipping is Extra and will be charged separately. Shipping Quotes will be given upon request.
REPORTING DAMAGED ITEMS AND SHORTAGES
All shortages, defects and deficiencies must be reported within 7 days of receiving the shipment. Merlan Scientific cannot assume responsibility for shortages reported after this period.
On receiving goods, check your packing slip and the package contents carefully. Please report any damaged items immediately and keep all shipping materials for inspection. If you have any questions please call 1-800-387-2474 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before returning any item to Merlan Scientific, please call for a Return Authorization Number. Shipments received without authorization may be refused.
Merlan Scientific warrants that each product will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period set forth in its published user manuals for its system products and for a period of one (1) year for its component products. The warranty commences on the date the product is shipped by Merlan Scientific. Merlan Scientifics’ sole liability and responsibility under this warranty is to repair or replace any defective product, which is returned to it by the buyer, and which Merlan Scientific determines qualifies for repair or replacement under the terms of the applicable warranty. The product returned to Merlan Scientific for warranty service will be shipped to Merlan Scientific at the buyers expense and will be returned to buyer at Merlan Scientifics’ expense. In no event shall Merlan Scientific be responsible under its warranty for any defect, which is caused by negligence, misuse or mistreatment of a product, or for any unit, which has been altered or modified in any way. The warranty of repaired and replacement products shall terminate with the original warranty of the product.tab-whats-include